Quality Tax Preparation and Accounting Services Since 1983.

My Blog


Which Form Should I File? 1040EZ , 1040A or 1040.

Posted on February 3, 2014 at 11:26 AM Comments comments ()
You can generally use the 1040EZ if:
  • Your taxable income is below $100,000;
  • Your filing status is single or married filing jointly;
  • You are not claiming any dependents; and
  • Your interest income is $1,500 or less.
The 1040A may be best for you if:
  • Your taxable income is below $100,000;
  • You have capital gain distributions;
  • You claim certain tax credits; and
  • You claim adjustments to income for IRA contributions and student loan interest.
However, reasons you must use the 1040 include:
  • Your taxable income is $100,000 or more;
  • You claim itemized deductions;
  • You are reporting self-employment income; or
  • You are reporting income from sale of a property.

Posted By Julie Standish EA MBA to ALL STAR TAX SOLUTIONS at 2/02/2014 08:48:00 PM